Mini-Med Schools are education programs now offered by more than 70 medical schools, universities, research institutions, and hospitals across the nation. There are even Mini-Med Schools in Ireland, Malta, and Canada! Mini Medical School’s course is designed for adult learners and students, who are interested in learning more about diseases and how the body works. Seattle Mini Medical School’s program is typically a lecture series that provides “mini-med students” information on some of the same subjects studied by “real” medical students without exams. There are no prerequisites to enroll.
Who are the Mini Med School Teachers?
Doctors, professors, researchers, and other healthcare Professional who are changing the way we care for ourselves.
Emergency Medicine: Real Cases From the ER
Sickle Cell Disease
HIV & AIDS
Keeping the Beat: Restoring Rhythms of the Heart
Collapsed Lung! How to Treat a Pneumothorax
From Aedes to Zika: the Resurgence of Mosquito-Borne Viruses in the Americas
High-Tech Minimally Invasive Surgery
Advances in Urology from BPH to Erectile Dysfunction
Human Hardware: Hip and Knee Replacement
Physical Therapy: Optimizing Movement Through the Ages
Flaps R US: Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
Breast Cancer Diagnosis and Treatment, with patient presentation
Myths and Realities of Psychiatry: Depression – Diagnosis and Treatment
Pathology in the Era of Genomics
Neuroendovascular Coils and Stents: Brain Surgery Without the Scars
Rheumatology: Rheumatoid Arthritis and Fibromyalgia
General Audience: Non-Credit
- A fast-paced weekend and/or evening showing the latest research in action
- Get a taste of medical school without reading, writing, and exams
- An interactive learning experience
- This program will explore our current understanding of today’s compelling health issues from diagnosis and treatment to prevention
- An opportunity to ask questions
- A celebration of hope for everybody
- Tuition: $30 per class
- Class duration is between 60 to 75 minutes.
- Graduates receive a certificate of completion (attending 7 or more sessions)
Online or On-Campus
2400 S 240th St
Des Moines, WA 98198